Choosing Your Wedding Officiant
As a professional Wedding Officiant, I have a small but crucial role on your wedding day. Maybe your ceremony is a massive affair for two-hundred guests or an intimate gathering with family and close friends. I am the person who is going to bring all of your dreams and plans to “I do.” Wouldn’t it make sense to have a wedding officiant with the skill and experience that you can trust?
In Washington, you have many choices whom you can consider for directing your wedding. First, you may go to the courthouse and have a judge marry you. Another possibility is if you’re a member of a spiritual or religious tradition, an ordained minister in that tradition may help you tie the knot. Third, choosing to have a friend or a family member become your officiant is an option.
Each choice has value, and they also have flaws. For example,
- The calendars govern the courts in every action. You can only make an appointment with the judge on a specific day and time.
- You may choose to have a minister or rabbi marry you. However, in diverse religious traditions, you must be a member of the congregation, and you may only get to marry in one of their traditional locations.
- Cousin Billy is funny, and everyone loves, or at least tolerates, him. But he is sometimes inappropriate and has never spoken before a crowd of people.
Why Choose a Professional
For many people, the best choice is a professional wedding officiant. An experienced professional wedding officiant is flexible and will travel to you. The professional wedding officiant works within your needs and desires to make your wedding day the greatest.
Planning your ceremony – where do you begin? How do you write the vows? Should there be candles or some special celebration of your union? Where do you even stand in front of all those people?
Choosing a professional wedding officiant takes the stress out of that part of the planning. I have ceremonies written for all kinds of situations, from a simple elopement to a celebration to rival Meghan Markle’s.
How I Will Help You
- If you’re doing it all alone, I can provide tools to make your planning easier.
- If you are working with a wedding planner or event coordinator, I work with them to make your day flawless.
However, on the day of the wedding, I will help you keep focused on the fun.
I make your wedding planning easy, fun, and affordable. With packaged pricing from $385 up, and payment plans to fit your wallet, most couples choose to spend about $485 for their ideal ceremony. Find out more on the Packages and Services pages.
If you don’t hire Jim, you’re making a mistakeLevi’s Review on Wedding Wire
Jim was absolutely incredible for our ceremony. Professional, kind, and extremely thorough. He’s a delight and truly helpful every step of the way. He’s very open to what you’re looking to accomplish while staying strict on the legally necessary parts so everything is proper.
Rev. Jim saved the day for us! Our eloping plans fell through with COVID but he made our ceremony at home very special and I’m so glad we did it this way instead. Communication was great leading up to our big day and then he prepared the sweetest ceremony for us. It was absolutely perfect!Cami’s Wedding Wire Review